Valhalla
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valhalla

Valhalla - Tarrenmill eu

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kosoléld's Application - Arcane / Fire Mage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kosoléld
GuildMember

Kosoléld's Application - Arcane / Fire Mage Empty
PostSubject: Kosoléld's Application - Arcane / Fire Mage   Kosoléld's Application - Arcane / Fire Mage Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:56 am

First of all I would like to say thanks for reading since I probably overdid it a bit (looking over it)

Personal information:
Name: Martin

Ingame info :

Character Name: Kosoléld
Armoury link: NVM, won't let me post it for 7 days
Picture of UI: img5.imageshack.us/img5/9960/uimage.jpg <-- add http etc
Screenshot of my UI with all my power auras active at the bottom of the page (won't let me post the link directly)

Character Realm: Tarren Mill - Horde
Class: Mage
Spec: Arcane / Fire
Professions: Herbalism (Going to be changed to a raiding profession asap) & Tailoring

Why are you applying to Valhalla?

I'm looking for a decent guild with simillar or the same progress as my personal progress after leaving my old guild. I saw that you need an arcane mage so it seems logical to make an application no? Smile I'm 1/7 HC but almost did 2 and you guys are 2/7 HC so that works out nicely.

Raid times are 1930-2300 (invites start at 1915) Wednesday/Sunday and Tuesday, Will you be able to attend at these times?

Sometimes. Here in lies the problem my friends. Luckily I am quite friendly with people at work and thusfar have had no problem making a raid time of 20:00 with my previous guilds, although I was occasionally 10-20 minutes late (yes the bus service in malta is something to avoid and once I buy a car this problem will cease to exist.) This will probably be the only bad thing about my application so I don't know how you are going to receive it but I thought I might as well apply anyway and see what you have to say. I work shifts. One week I can attend without any problem, another week I won't be able to unless I can swap my shifts. Even when I do manage to swap, I will be working overtime quite often until 20:00 and won't get home until 21:00, in which case I could serve as back-up at best. If I am working 8 - 5 or even (overtime) 6pm I can make it home for 7pm for sure and be online for 19:15. While i will sometimes manage to get home in less than 1 hour, I cannot guarantee that I will be online. There are also some weeks where I will be working until 10pm and won't get home until after the raid has finished in which case I am completely boned and will need to swap it for sure.

What steps do you take to improve your character?

Well, before I go ahead and ignore that question I would prefer to answer more like, what steps do I not take? I really did not figure out exactly how the simulationcraft works yet since I only just got it a few days ago. Nevertheless, I'm always looking for ways to squueze out an extra 1 or 2k. To actually answer the question though, yes I am using a lot of stuff. To be blindingly obvious, damage meters, power auras, and an outrageously large amount of self-written macros. Arcane is a lot harder than people give it credit for. If you stand in front of the dummy and press a few buttons you won't really do a decent amount of damage. I've checked sites like icy veins and the elitist jerks forums. I saw Logoz's guide on how to burn a 383k combustion on alysrazor (I watched it so many times my girlfriend said I'm crazy) but I only managed 116k on my first attempt. It still needs work and a bit of practice.

(You can go ahead and skip the paragraph below if you don't know about mages)
To be more specific, recently I've been trying to work out why mastery isn't giving me enough of a boost, and I came to the conclusion that I don't have enough max mana with my current equipment set to actually push out more than 90% arcane blast without going below a reasonable amount of mana to make use of my mastery. Since I am currently on 111 / 125 marks, moonwell chalice here I come and I already reforged all my shit to mastery in preparation, since the 340 int is a win. GIEF Sinestra trinket me love you.

What is your raiding experience?

Pretty extensive.

Vanilla wow: N/A
TBC: Private servers only (so basically none)
WOTLK: Private servers up until ToC, Switched to retail just before ICC came out. 8/12 HC in ICC as a healer, 2 healed blood queen lanathel on heroic at one point. Wow those days were crazy...
Cata: Full cata experience, 12/12 and 6/7 then changed server to tarren mill since Saurfang (previous server) is... just........terrible. 7/7 and 1/7 HC since I came to Tarren Mill.

What are your past guilds and why did you leave?
I was leading my own guild on the Saurfang server and I left because the population has a agonizgly low percentage of skilled players. Despite this we managed 6/7 and we were rank 4 on the server so yea.. *pat on the back* oh god we even did 1/7 in 25 man before we decided to stop carrying 15 people... *shiver* *twitch* .. erm.. What was the question? oh ye..
On tarren mill I've only been in 1 guild so far and it was called Theoria. I dunno if you saw veq's application too but yea we were there together and to be honest, the raid leader really did not know how to treat a group of people with respect. He keapt saying stuff like shut up on vent and if someone made a mistake he would nerdrage about it, which would be fine itself if he was willing to actually admit his own mistakes when he made them. On top of that the loot system was a bit in favour of the officers. I was lucky to win 1 piece of loot after 3 weeks of raiding. I'm not even the type of person that cares too much about it but there is a line dude. So I'm back to looking for a nice guild to settle in.

Do you feel you can bring anything special to Valhalla?
116k combustion on alysrazor. 21-23k steady DPS and soon to be more. Want me to answer that seriously? xD Yea I can bring a very intelligent mage with extensive raiding and leading experience who can talk perfect english on vent and can actually contribute to a lot more than just 1 raider. I also know how to use a computer properly Razz (coding, networking, even building it and fixing it when it burns ><)

Do you have a working ventrillo and mic?

ventrilo, mumble, teamspeek, occasionally the cat jumps on me and I cannot talk temporarily :p

Do you speak fluent english (gchat and vent are both english)?

Yup I answered that already hah! I'm actually czech and speak fluent czech but I lived in the UK for 13 years and my English is at a level where noone would be any wiser if I didn't tell them.

Any other information you would like us to know about you?

Yea. I would like to tell you a lot of stuff but this application is so long already that I'm not gonna trouble you with anymore. Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
Alluré
Alluré

Kosoléld's Application - Arcane / Fire Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kosoléld's Application - Arcane / Fire Mage   Kosoléld's Application - Arcane / Fire Mage Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:21 pm

We currently have a full time mage in our 10man and wont need a new one until we go 25 again.
Thank you for your interest and good luck in the future Smile
Back to top Go down

Kosoléld's Application - Arcane / Fire Mage
Page 1 of 1