Chris

ingame info :

Character Name: Shadrina
Character Realm: Chamber of Aspects
Class: Warrior
Spec: 8/2/31 - AoE tanking spec.
Professions: Mining/Blacksmithing.

Why are you applying to Valhalla?

1 month ago, I figured I wanted to start playing World of Warcraft again as I'm sitting with a lot of time on my hands currently and figured 4.3 to be the right time to do so. I made a forum post yesterday, where your enhancement shaman, Foku redirected me to your recruitment post & website. I liked what I read about you - and here I am.

Raid times are 1930-2300 (invites start at 1915) Wednesday/Sunday and Tuesday, Will you be able to attend at these times?

As I said, time is on my side. I can attend these times easily.

What steps do you take to improve your character?

First of all, I'm staying ajour with the latest & greatest about Protection via sites like EJ (Elitist Jerks). While guides can be fine, particular encounters may favor utility or maybe even heavy AoE-threat. For that matter, I usually trash my DPS spec and build something for the occasion in order to optimize performance, provided it isn't farm content already obviously. I usually do invest in BoE epics, but haven't been the case as of late, due to 4.3's soon'ish release. However, I have recently been stocking up my currencies (JP & Honor points), in order to gear up as fast as possible in 4.3.

What is your raiding experience?

I can't boast of having played back then. I started raiding in WoTLK.

WOTLK:

Naxxramas 10/25 - 15/15
Obisidan Sanctum 10/25 - 1/1
The Eye of Eternity 10/25 - 1/1
Ulduar 10/25 – 14/14* – Glory of the Ulduar Raider
Coliseum Normal 10/25 - 5/5
Coliseum Heroic 10/25 – 4/5
Icecrown Citadel 10/25 - Cleared in 10-player mode.
Icecrown Citadel Heroic 10/25 – Cleared in 10 player-mode.
Ruby Sanctum 10/25 - 1/1 in 10-player mode.
Ruby Sanctum heroic 10/25 – 0/1 - Best attempt being 7% in 10-player mode.

*) Algalon wasn't killed on my warrior but my druid. Link will be provided if requested.

Cataclysm - Restoration Druid.

BWD: 6/6 normal & 4/6 HC (5/6 normal-mode on warrior).
BoT: 4/4 normal & 2/4 HC (4/4 normal-mode on warrior)
ToT4W: 2/2 normal (2/2 normal-mode on warrior)

Dragonsoul: 2/8 normal - 2x realm's 3th kills.

Allow me to explain my change of heart by the release of Cataclysm.
After downing LK HC, I had to retire as raid leader of the raid-group & playing entirely for about a month due to RL-issues. When I came back, there wasn't actually need of my tanking-services in the maingroup. Instead, a spot as healer had opened and I began healing on my druid where I cleared 6/13 heroic (pre-nerf) untill I had to retire entirely from the game in order to focus on my exams, hence, my lack of Firelands experience.

What are your past guilds and why did you leave?

<Epic Fusion>

My friends encouraged me to join the casual guild Epic Fusion. Epic Fusion was and still is to the present day, a casual guild, with a minimal focus of PVE. While being a great asset to me in terms of gearing up, it was a little too casual for me. Eventually, this is the reason why I left. People simply didn't take initiative, responsibility as well as continually being late for the raids, which contributed greatly to my decision of departure.

<Acraze>

I was “homeless” for a while, untill I found a guild suitable for me – That guild’s name was Acraze. Acraze was & still is a progression orientated 10-man guild. I joined shortly after my departure from Epic Fusion. It certainly was a better guild without a question. We proceeded ahead in a quite satisfying pace, and by the end of November, everything but the Lich King on heroic mode remained. He went down after aproximately a hundred wipes, on the last try of the evening. 30% of our core retired after the Bane-kill, which brought new issues upon us. However, The Bane-kill had made Acraze abit of a trademark, representing a relaxed and friendly astmosphere, provided by skilled players, which allowed us to recruit "viable" replacements.

That was WoTLK though. Acraze changed a lot during the Shattering. Most notably, our guild master retired as he had to travel back to San Francisco, California due to some RL-issues. This of course had a major impact on the guild as a whole; over time, people stopped signing up for the raids, and the the most seasoned veterans started to leave as well. At that point, I simply quit the game. When I came back about a month ago, I felt like I was Alice in Wonderland; didn't recognize anybody, didn't feel welcome in a guild I amongst others, had build from scratch. As a result, I left.

Do you feel you can bring anything special to Valhalla?

I'm a patient person. Wiping never gets to the best of me. I define myself as a genuinely kind & helpful player; While it’s nice to be important… I definitely think it’s much more important to be nice. It's a bit of a cliché: take it or leave it.

Adequate preperation is considered mandatory & commitment to the community as a whole can be expected. I do understand that my gear isn’t the latest and definetively not the greatest, but all in all, I feel like I’m up to the challenge to raid alongside with you gentlemen.

Do you have a working ventrillo and mic?

Yes, I do.

Do you speak fluent english (gchat and vent are both english)?

Yes, I do.

Any other information you would like us to know about you?

Anyways: As previously mentioned, my name is Chris, I'm 19 years old & live in Copenhagen, Denmark. Currently having a year off before heading to the University of Copenhagen where I'm planning to study law. Beyond gaming, I spent a lot of time playing music. When those things aren't keeping me occupied, I usually hang out out with my gf.

With all that being said - thanks for reading & don't hesitate asking questions if there's something that needs further clarification. I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Shadrina - Protection Warrior (X-realm)   Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:10 am

Let's hope it doesn't get bugged this time Smile Good luck, I see that you have already upgraded your gear by a few ilvls.
Back to top Go down
Alluré

PostSubject: Re: Shadrina - Protection Warrior (X-realm)   Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:03 pm

Hey there,
Sorry for the late reply and problem with your previous apply, we have no idea where it went Smile
We have had a discussion about you and gm has decided he would like a little longer to think over your apply,
i wish you the best of luck, we will come back with an answer shortly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadrina
GuildMember

PostSubject: Re: Shadrina - Protection Warrior (X-realm)   Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:49 pm

Okay & thanks. I'll be waiting for your final decision then.

Best regards,

Shadrina
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadrina
GuildMember

PostSubject: Re: Shadrina - Protection Warrior (X-realm)   Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Whilst I admire your thoroughness, I would appreciate a clarification soon. The inevitable wednesday-reset is drawing closer and I would prefer the whole guild-thing sorted out prior to that.

- Shadrina
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mietosis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shadrina - Protection Warrior (X-realm)   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:01 am

Sorry for the stupidly late reply,
we have tried to think of a way to bring you in as we would love a warrior tank,
but being our druid has recently rerolled tank and his old dps spot was filled we cannot find a way,
sorry again from all the officers and thank you for your amazing patience.
-Allure
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valhallatm.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadrina - Protection Warrior (X-realm)   

Back to top Go down

Shadrina - Protection Warrior (X-realm)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valhalla :: Applications-
Jump to: